STCR Business Systems, Inc. is an Endwell, NY-based provider of best-in-class retail point-of-sale (POS) solutions to grocery retailers across the United States and the Caribbean. The company provides a single-source solution for its customers’ POS needs, offering a wide array of hardware products (including self-checkout systems), enterprise software, implementation services, ongoing maintenance services and 24/7 help desk support.
Mangrove is an uncommonly good fit for the STCR team due to our:
- Dedication to crafting and supporting a transition strategy and succession plan for a company that had been entrepreneurially owned for 55 years, creating opportunities for the next generation of leadership
- Commitment to investing in human capital and operational infrastructure to provide the resources needed to accelerate growth
- Ability to diligence and gain comfort with key vendor concentrations
- Experience investing in and growing businesses that sell and support mission-critical software and hardware, through our investments in Computer Aided Technology and Shields Business Solutions
- Capacity to work through complexity associated with nuanced revenue recognition requirements for varied product and service offerings without delays to the closing timeline or financing process
Mangrove Equity Partners: More Than the Commodity of Capital. The Mangrove team works hard to be your go-to private equity fund in the lower middle market by leveraging our extensive experience to create solutions and get deals done.
We roll up our sleeves and work with intermediaries to do what is necessary to move good deals forward, even in the face of company or deal complexity. Mangrove’s three-man internal operating team allows us to work through complexity and help owner/operators build enduring value.